By: Shannon Eason, Fundraising Auctioneer
While Spring is wrapping up, Summer is quickly approaching. With in-person events now in full swing, we hope you’re planning those fun summer fundraisers. If you haven’t done one, you might be missing the boat. Check these out and see how fundraising can be “Summer Fun”!
- “Mudder Runs” or Obstacle Courses – By individuals collecting pledges, this 5k alternative has a “dirty twist” to it. There are opportunities for other revenue generators by adding a live auction, sponsors, and pre-games.
- Golf- So many ways to make money on a golf fundraising event rather than just entry fees and sponsors. Add the live auction component for the “after awards”. Have you tried a Calcutta? By auctioning off the teams before the start of the event, you not only raise more money, but can include people that aren’t playing. They can bid on the team they think will win. Even other teams can bid on competing teams…this adds a fun element (and more money)!
- A Sailing Regatta- if you don’t have sailboats, make it a kayaking regatta for something different. Adding the Calcutta element here can be a “win-win”.
- Fishing for Donations- Gather at a local pond/lake and “reel” in the bucks. By having entry fees, sponsorships, and a live auction (and adding other revenue generators) you can award fun prizes for the biggest fish, of course, but also the smallest, the most fish caught by number or pounds…the ideas are limitless!!
- A Poker Run- Entrants have 5 stops and collect a playing card at each stop. At the finish line, they compare their “hands” and the winner receives a prize. This can be done as a 5k run/walk, a motorcycle or bicycle ride or an ATV/Four Wheeling Ride…think outside the box. Even a river run on kayaks or boats… by adding sponsors, entry fees, live auction, or other games you can watch the $$$ roll in.
Summertime is calling our names and calling our donors to get out to the great outdoors. These are just a few ideas on additional events that can add extra revenue until your annual gala. If you have any questions on these events, feel free to reach out.